I know this is a bit late in the year, but I thought I’d give this reading challenge a whirl. I’m already signed up for 2019 Retellings Reading Challenge, but I have quite a few Asian authored books on my TBR so it only made sense to give this one a go. It runs from 1 January to midnight on 31 December 2019, and the only requirement is to read books by Asian authors. The organisation and dedication the co-hosts have put into this are phenomenal, and I’d like to personally thank them all. You can find the original announcement and sign up post here, and you can follow them on Twitter here.
There are 6 levels, and I’m aiming to read 31-40 books, so my badge will be this cute-as Giant Panda!
My TBR for this is soooo long, so I’ll just include my top 10
- The Shadow Glass by Rin Chupeco 🇵🇭
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao🇻🇳
- Want by Cindy Pon🇨🇳
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He🇨🇳
- Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri🇮🇳
- Markswoman by Rati Mehrotra🇮🇳
- A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir🇵🇰
- The Black Tides of Heaven by JY Yang🇸🇬
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang🇨🇳
- The Palace of Illusions by Chitra Divakaruni🇮🇳
I’ll be posting a monthly on my blog to keep track of my progress. I’ll update this post, as well as doing a separate wrap up post, so be sure to check them out!
Are you participating in any Reading Challenges this year? Do you enjoy year long challenges, or do you prefer shorter readathons? What are some of your favourite Asian authored books? Let me know in the comments below!
Progress so far (Yes it’s dismal)
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi🇮🇳🇵🇭 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Winterglass by Benjanun Sriduangkaew 🇹🇭 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- In the Vanishers’ Palace by Aliette de Bodard🇻🇳 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco 🇵🇭⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco 🇵🇭⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Conservation of Shadows by Yoon Ha Lee🇰🇷 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Unmarriageable by Soniah Kamal 🇵🇰 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Want by Cindy Pon ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao 🇻🇳
- The Candle and the Flame by Nafiza Azad 🇫🇯